Audience: Physicians, specialists and activists in the field of traditional medicine, herbal medicines, herbs and natural products
Venue: International Conference Center of the Islamic Republic of Iran Broadcasting (IRIB)
Event time: 07 November 2021, 10-12
Today, medical sciences have undergone fundamental changes in the face of new issues and challenges in the fields of health, treatment and health, as well as due to cultural changes, changing behavioral and nutritional patterns, and changing algorithms for the spread of diseases. Considering this important matter, and considering the deep cultural background and ancient history of Islamic countries in the field of medicine and treatment, people’s approach has changed toward using simple, low-cost and effective traditional medicine (as holistic and complementary medicine) instead of modern medicine.
Numerous comparative studies in many parts of the world and the region show that more than 80% of people tend to use both modern medical services and traditional and indigenous medicine (combination medicine).
Experts in this field will discuss the needs, do’s and don’ts, as well as the challenges ahead in the following areas:
– The position of traditional and complementary medicine in Iran and the world (historical trend and developments of the contemporary century of traditional medicine)
– The role of integrated medicine in promoting community health (the effect of traditional and modern medicine)
– Strategies for the development of cultivation and packaging of medicinal plants
– Strategies for the development of high-tech herbal and natural products industries (traditional pharmacy)
– The position of traditional medicine in the development of health tourism, nature therapy and wellness
– The role of specialized centers of traditional medicine (health schools and clinics of traditional medicine IPD) in providing standard services of traditional medicine to international patients